I'm A Proud Country Guy!

Never forget your roots. Simple but yet so powerful! Doesn't matter what kind of interpretations we have on that, but everybody should bear that principal in mind.
   I always wanna go far from my original hometown. I just wanna discover more outside my world. And I did it, now I'm officially a metropolitan resident.
   But one thing I never lose regardless the point that I've been everywhere, is the taste of my own home. I mean the place I belong to.
   In fact, I even thought of migrating someday to somewhere far where the place suits me the best to settle down. It's scattered anyway coz yeah I keep changing mind about places I think well deserved to live in. Either Europe or Australia or maybe States.
   However, the bonding between me and my roots apparently unbeatable. I just don't feel like there's a place that more amazing than my own home.
   I always proud to call myself a guy from countryside. Grown up surrounded by no vast things but never makes me feel ungrateful.
   My culture especially, born from Dusun ethnicity, I'm glad that I never ever missed anything about my roots. In fact, I still can really speak my own language fluently besides mostly now I'm using Malay and English languages in my everyday conversations.
   This makes me wonder sometimes whenever I met peoples who completely lost of their own roots. And truth to be told, they not even know single things about it.
   That's why I will never doubt of going back to any occasions on going in hometown. I know I miss things a lot and I really want to make it less happened.
   I'm glad I did it everytime coz that is the only time I think can really rejuvenate my spirit back. That's the only time I think I can recharge my own spirit, catching up with the family, relatives, fresh countryside air, cultured occasions, wonderful!
   Recently, I went back for my cousin's solemnization + reception. It's a very impromptu plan but I'm glad I made the decision. What is more amazing thing than wake up in the morning at your own home, with breathtaking air and scenery, and your beloved family members are waiting to have breakfast with you at the living room? Blissful!








Pix descriptions:
1. My beloved hometown's scenery.
2. The solemnization ceremony.
3. Me & the boys from family.
4. The girls rocking the Dusuns costumes.

 

No comments: