Screw SPM!

In this week of big examination for Malaysian going on, I would like to share my experiences during my days as one of the hopeful candidates. Yes, who doesn't want to score good results for Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM)? BTW, that exam results is a real deal for Malaysian to determine where to go after high school ended.

So, back then, I was a kind of student who doesn't really brilliant in term of brains. I'm not like others who can understand on the spot about what the teachers teach. I am more likely to study by myself and used memorizing rather than understanding. Well, that's how it works for me eventually.

SPM really put someone on pressure. Been there done that, I actually kinda frustrated with the results I got since I expected more. The only thing I proud the most was when I got B for Biology subject far better than the final trial when I failed that paper.

Until, I realized that SPM is not everything. I have witnessed a lot of brilliant peoples (during school days) finally settled down with unconvincing jobs, not aspiring ones. Deep down, I kinda curious what happened actually but at same point I think it's not really something I should be concern about.

Yeah, fate won't be the same for everyone. In fact, there are so many elements that actually can pan us to better opportunities without depending much on the SPM results. I think, its almost not helping at all coz at the end of the day, you future depending on your drives.

But, I must admit educations are so compulsory and can transmit us to higher levels. That's why, during Pre-U and Unihood, I never neglected the importance of getting good results. Although to be honest I'm more playful than studying during that period, but I will definitely put some efforts for exams.

Well, the fact that I didn't score excellent results but still managed to graduate is more than what I'm asking for.

My point here is, do score for your SPM obviously but don't think hard about the results. The real world you have to deal eventually requires you to be more strong, self-driven, ambitious, competitive, wiser, and strongly believe in yourself.

ALL THE BEST AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL SPM CANDIDATES!














No comments: